up to $100, from Nov. 13-16, and can enter to win prizes including store gift cards, pet feed, clothing, power tools and a 22-ton log splitter. Free Tractor Supply caps will also be given away while supplies last.
The grand opening event this Saturday will feature 4-H Pig and Swine, Java Cruiser, representatives from Rushing Winds Farms, a Nutrena representative and WFRE-FM. The store will also host a ribbon cutting ceremony with the Poolesville Area Chamber of Commerce on Saturday at 8 a.m.
Tractor Supply Company stores are focused on supplying the lifestyle needs of farmers and ranchers. The company also serves the maintenance needs of those who enjoy the rural lifestyle, as well as tradesmen and small businesses. Tractor Supply Company stores are located in the outlying towns in major metropolitan markets and in rural communities. The company offers a comprehensive selection of merchandise for the health, care, growth and containment of horses, livestock and pets including feed; a broad selection of agricultural products; and tools and hardware selected for our customers’ needs. In addition, the company sells light truck equipment, work clothing for the entire family, and an extensive line of seasonal products including lawn and garden power equipment products.
A new TSC will provide many benefits to the town and surrounding area:
- Brings a nationally recognized business that fits with and supports the rural nature of Poolesville and the surrounding Ag Reserve.
- Provides specialty goods and services to full time farmers, horse owners, landscaping companies, part-time and hobby farmers in the area.
- Attracts shoppers from the surrounding Ag Reserve community as well as outside the immediate area. Many of these shoppers currently go to Leesburg, Frederick, or Germantown.
- Fills a major vacant storefront with a vibrant new business.
- Brings new jobs to town.
- Provides support to other local businesses by attracting more people to town during the day (shoppers) and keeping more people in town during the day (employees).
- Serves to attract other Ag-related business and Ag-related uses to town.
The Poolesville Town Government is working on a multi-faceted marketing program intended to attract businesses, visitors, and new residents to Poolesville. One of those facets includes leveraging Poolesville’s unique location and strengths within the Ag Reserve in order to promote and attract Ag and equestrian businesses and activities to the area. The Town is working in conjunction with state government, county government, local universities, and private organizations to leverage the Ag Reserve to the Town’s benefit.