Starting a Business in Poolesville

Are you ready to start a business in Poolesville? Or, are you just thinking about it and looking for information? The following information will help you get started.

First you should check the Town's Zoning Code and Use Chart to make sure that the type of business you want to open is allowed in Town. Also, getting a zoning variance in Poolesville is much simpler and less expensive then in the rest of the county!

You are required to have an Occupancy Permit for Zoning. The fee is $25.00 made payable to the Town of Poolesville. Please note that the property owner must sign the application.

You are also required to file for an Occupancy Permit through Montgomery County.

Please review our Sign Ordinance. All signs and banners require a Sign Permit, and must be approved by the Sign Review Board. The fees for signs are 50 cents per square foot with a $5.00 minimum. The property owner must sign the permit application.

If you have any questions, please contact Town Hall.