Parks and Street Maintenance Supervisor
Starting Annual Salary: $48,396
The Town of Poolesville is currently in search of a proven leader for a Parks Maintenance Supervisor. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
The Parks Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Parks Superintendent and is responsible for supervising and overseeing the maintenance, minor construction, repair of parks and facilities, and other landscaped areas. The Supervisor will also work with the Event Coordinator on occasions. Working through subordinates, duties include: planning, organizing, coordinating, and instructing, the work of employees involved in parks maintenance and repair activities (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, masonry, fence repair, playground equipment service and repair, and welding) ; ball field preparation and maintenance; equipment operation; equipment service and repair.
- High School Diploma
- Clean driving record
- 3 years supervisory experience
- 10 years’ experience in park maintenance, snow removal, ballfield maintenance and tree maintenance
- Maryland tree expert certification
- 5 years’ experience operating equipment such as back-hoe, skid loader, tractors, mowers of all sizes and bucket truck
- Experience in performing maintenance on above equipment
- Ability to use Microsoft word and excel
- Experience in excavating and repair of water and sewer mains
- Knowledge of water and sewer operations
The duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included do not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Job descriptions are subject to change by the Town as the needs of the Town and requirements of the job change.
Please submit resumes to:
Poolesville Town Hall
19721 Beall Street
P.O. Box 158
Poolesville, MD 20837
Attn: Preston King, Parks Superintendent
Announcement Closes June 9, 2017